Friday, June 8, 2007

Blog Ideas

I've been trying to think of a theme of sorts for a blog for years. I've started things on various journal and diary sites, but have never stuck with anything because of lack of a central idea. I've noticed that the blogs that draw me are ones with plenty of pictures. Perhaps I like to write but lack the motivation to read large blocks of text without an image to draw my eye. So, I'm thinking I'll start out taking some regular walks around my neighborhood and carry my camera along with me. Maybe I'll find something worth sharing!

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

What a cool idea--pictures are always fun (I'm too lazy to take them myself). Plus getting out there and interacting with the world will probably spark all kinds of ideas for posts.

Jessica Schessler said...

Thanks Crabby! Never thought a superstar such as yourself would visit! =)

David said...

jessica,
Welcome to the neighborhood. I found in the early days that using images (whether my own or those that I appropriated) helped to keep me posting. Also, commenting on other peoples' blogs helped me to find a niche, though this niche continues to evolve.
Happy blogging.

-erd

Thomas / @5ifthproject said...

If you're into photos, check out my blog you may get some ideas.

link from my blog:

www.conceptst.ca

Anthony